- 1 lb - 80/20 Ground Chuck
- 1 lb - Bacon
- 1 lb - Velveeta Cheese
- 2 Cups - Water
- 2 Cups - Milk
- 1 TBS - Chicken Base
- 1/4 Cup - Flour
- 1 - Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 - Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 Cups - Chopped Lettuce
- 1 Cup - Pickles
- In a large skillet render down and fry bacon until crisp
- Drain all but 1 TBS of the bacon grease and begin to brown the ground beef.
- Add chopped onion and cook until the onions begin to soften.
- Add chicken base and flour and stir in.
- Add water and cook until thickened.
- Add milk and return to a simmer and add Velveeta in small chunks.
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes and taste for salt and pepper.
* Serve in bowl and garnish with bacon, lettuce, tomato and pickles. The original recipe has these stirred in during the cooking process. I prefer garnishing and stirring them in as I ate the soup