- 3.5 lbs - Top Round Steak*
- 2 Cups - Flour
- 2 Cups - Milk
- 1 TBS - Black Pepper
- 2 tsp - Salt
- * Cube Steak can be substituted if you want to skip the pounding step.
- Cut top round steak into 1/2" strips.
- Using a meat hammer pound out until 1/4" thick.
- Combine flour, black pepper and salt in a large bowl,
- Toss meat into flour mixture until well coated.
- Toss floured steak into a bowl of cold milk and then dredge back into the flour.
- Fry in 350º oil for 2-3 minutes or until nice and golden brown. DO NOT overcook.
- Once all of the steak has been fried, drain the grease reserved 1/4 cup of the grease.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the seasoned flour used to coat the steak into the oil and cook over med low heat for 2 minutes.
- Add one cup of the milk used for the dredging and one cup of fresh milk. The milk used for the dredging will already have a lot of leftover salt and pepper from the dredging process.
- Continue to stir until thickened, taste for seasoning.